E34 525i - Rough Idle

I have a '90 525i, M20 engine, automatic, 185k miles that exhibits hard
starts, lumpy idle and stalling. The problems have worsened over the
past few months to the point where I need to put the car in neutral at
every stop light to avoid stalling. Even then, if stalls sometimes. When
accelerating from a stop the car has hesitations under 2,000 RPM. Full
throttle and highway speeds, there are no symptoms.

I have done the following to try and correct the problem, none of which
have worked.

Replace O2 sensor
Replace fuel filter
Replace air filter
Replace spark plugs
Check air flow meter
Check plug wires, cap & rotor
Check fuel pressure
Check intake boot and other hoses for air leaks (none found via spraying
carb cleaner around the hoses)
Disconnecting the ICV while running didn't change the engine's behavior

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as this is getting to be an
annoying problem.

link