533i heater core removal

Hello,

I have an 1984 533i with a leaking heater core.  My Bently service manual
reccamends having a dealer perform the removal due to the refrigerant lines
for the AC having to be opened.  I work with an HVAC guy that can evacuate
the lines for me so this is no problem.  My question is, how difficult an
operation is removing the heater core?  Does the whole dash have to come out
of the car or just the center console?  Can anyone suggest any resources on
the web?

Thanks,

Darren
hammd@domain.elided