Can anybody confirm?

Took my 1988 528e with 130,000 to my garage (not a BMW shop, per se)...  They
estimate that my front struts are gone and that I should consider replacing
strut mounts as well -- three hours' worth of work, they say.

Thing is, I had them rebuild front end mid-April 2000 with parts I provided
(MesaPerformance.com). Bill says they did strut inserts/mounts as part of
that.  Car sort of slams when it hits uneven concrete seam in highway --
something clink/rattles at front  right.  Also, some guages go dead after a
good bump -- relays get loosened  (these are next to fuse box under hood,
driver's side, yes?).

I've not driven over any curbs or performed any other feats of mindless
derring do that would stress the front-end.  Am also told new springs not
likely yet.  Could it simply be my struts (KYB inserts) and/or their mounts?

Thanks in advance.

Tom Borden