RE: E36 coolent temp reading low

I had a high pitched noise on my '97 E-36 and after several inspections it
was determined that it was from  the alternator bearings.  However, I don't
think this would affect your temp.  I would check the thermostat and the
water pump.

Bertan
'97 328ic

Anyone have any ideas what would cause my coolant temp
gage to start to read slightly low after staying rock
solid straight up for several years? Coolant level
looks fine. Outside temperature has gone up recently.
This sounds like a sender...I've had a high pitch
noise start recently during warmup, but it's hard to
imagine that's related.

End of bmw-digest V9 #1806