AC/Heating System Controller for an e36

Hi. Have a 92 318i that has a functioning controller but think it may be
shot. If you turn the air positioning knob (the one that directs air to you
face or feet or defrost) the heater comes on in both the feet and defrost
mode. In your face, no issues, cold AC. Rotating the small individual
controls seems to have no effect at all. I had an 95 325i with the same
system and it worked well. So do I have an AC/heater controller that is
toast or have I over looked something?
Also have the issue of the drivers door that goes up and down in increments
of only 1 inch. Digest feedback stated that the door motor memory controller
was probably shot. Appreciate feedback.
Thanks
Brad Purvis