From: Nate Smith [mailto:nate@domain.elided]
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2001 9:31 PM
To: bmw-digest@domain.elided
Subject: Re: Strange Window Behavior

On the E36 coupe's, the window motors need to know where they are in their
travel cycle, so that they can properly lower themselves to allow for the
door opening and closing function.  The problem you have described is in the
"position memory" section of these motors.  These motors can often be
repaired, rather than replaced, although either will repair the
problem...<snip>

End of bmw-digest V9 #1798