FW: [M3] [BMWCCA CR] STOLEN - Race Car (DM #95)

Please keep a look out for this car, another one stolen.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: e30m3-list-admin@domain.elided [mailto:e30m3-list-admin@domain.elided]
On Behalf Of Matthew Shaw
  Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2001 2:56 PM
  To: e30m3-list@domain.elided
  Subject: [M3] [BMWCCA CR] STOLEN - Race Car (DM #95)

  Hello everyone,

  Late last night my race car was stolen right from inside my trailer which
was parked in front of my house.  The thieves broke into the trailer by
busting the entire locking mechanism off of the rear fold down door.  They
simply cut the straps (the car was tied down) and took the car (Probably
rolled it down the street and towed it away).

  I know this is a long shot but if anyone sees this car or any parts for
sale from what sounds could be from this car, please let me know.  It took 2
years to build and I only attended a couple of races with it.  It's hard to
believe that so many years of blood, sweat and $$$ could be stolen right out
from underneath you in a minute.

  Here are the details of the car:
    a.. 1988 E30 M3
    b.. VIN: WBSAK0306J2196258
    c.. #95 or #75 on Hood/Doors
    d.. Red Exterior/Interior
    e.. 1 Sparco Evo Racing Seat - Black
    f.. Full Weld In Cage (Painted Red)
    g.. 16" BBS RK Wheels w/Kumhos
    h.. Custom Exhaust System w/DTM Tips
    i.. Split Second Intake System
    j.. FULLY MODIFIED S14 RACING MOTOR.
    k.. All the BMW CCA Club Racing required Banners and decals.
    l.. Tirerack Banners on the front and rear windshield.
    m.. The interior had been FULLY gutted:
    n.. No rear bulkhead in the passenger compartment.
    o.. The doors were gutted out.
    p.. The only things in place were a seat, wheel and dashboard.
    q.. Hood is pinned down and the center hood pin is off center.
    r.. Rear Shock Towers have been boxed in for custom cage mounting
points.
  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Please spread the word.

  Thank you,

  Tino Saloomen
  tino@domain.elided

  PS - Now I wish I had Lo-Jack or something...

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor