Re: Code setting for radio

  Just replaced the dead battery in my '85 528e, and -- even though
  I've done this successfully a number of times before -- I cannot get
  the radio to accept the code and come to life.  Anyone got any ideas?

Larry
Here's an idea, thought I've never tried it.
I have heard that putting the radio in a Zip-lock bag in the freezer for
an hour will reset the code to factory defaults.
Presumably this works by reducing the voltage of the internal battery
that keeps the number stored on the chip.

However, I would only do this as a last resort if I were you.  Subzero
temperatures could conceivably damage the radio too. Spread the word if
you do get desperate enough to try it :-)

Dan

  ______
 /__  __\
(oo=00=oo)