<E36> power not quite what it used to be.

Hi,

I have a 96 328i automatic with 60K miles. I had been thinking lately that
my car didn't seem quite as fast as when I bought it two years ago. Last
week I had a 97 328i automatic loaner while the dealership was putting on on
my new tires and sure enough it seemed like it had more power than mine,
more like I remembered my car being when I first got it. Plus it's highway
mileage was better than mine.

So I borrowed a G-Tech Pro from a friend and redid my 0-60 times from last
year. Then, using his G-tech I was getting 0-60 times under 7 seconds. Now
they are running 8.3 - 8.8 seconds. So something is going on. My mileage is
down a bit too from 30+ on the highway to about 27.

I had an inspection II done last year and plugs, filters, etc. were all
replaced then and the car seems to be running fine except for less power.
The dealer said the car looked fine on the DIS when they had it in last.

So any thoughts of things to check?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Dennis Jarchow