new member intro

Hello-

I bought a 97 Estoril Blue M3 a week ago (my first BMW).  Some pics of it
are on the web at
http://members.home.net/kevingregg/m3/

The car has Bridgestone Potenza RE730 tires on it. These tires were bought
new in Oct, 2000 when the car had 23,300 miles on it.  The car now has
32,600 miles.  What do you know about these tires?  Specifically, how many
miles of "normal" driving might I get from them?  ("Normal" means 2/3rds
highway driving, 1/3rd city driving, and an autocross or two per year.)

The car will not be driven in the snow/ice (I live in MD) and may not come
out in the rain.

I have the factory am/fm/cassette unit if anyone is interested in it.  Let
me know.

What is a good radar detector (other than the Valentine 1)?

Do any of you live in the metro Wash DC area?  Where is the best place in
this area to get my car serviced?

Thanks,

Kevin
kevingregg@domain.elided     http://members.home.net/kevingregg