Tire mounting - help needed !!

Thanks for reading this!

I have a fairly new set of Hartge wheels.  The first set of tires to go
on these wheels a local Goodyear Auto Service Center performed
the work to perfection.

So, I went back for the next set of tires.

I don't know what they did, but it was totally different.
The edges of the wheels are scuffed and scraped.
On the back side of the wheel, the inside of the wheels have "bite
marks" where the tire changer "bit" into the wheel.

WHAT did these folks do differently?  This shop did NONE of that
with the first set of tires.

I'd like some feedback on the tire changing machines, because
these folks will be hearing from me.

Thanks in advance!   Private replies are fine.

...Kim Hensley
BMW CCA #16216