Tail Lights - Relay Problem?

Yesterday the ODB tells me that the rear tail lights are out (as did the boys
in blue last night).  The bulbs are find and all other outer lights are
functioning.  All of the fuses are fine.

I had a similar problem about 10 months ago, but it was the rear driver tail
and rear side light.  At the time one of the relays in the fuse box was
replaced and the problem was fixed.  After visiting the dealership this
morning they told me how to take apart the relays and to look for the problem
(just like a fuse there are various wires in the relays.  If the wire is
broken, you can soder (sp?) it back together).  Anyway, I've taken it apart
and it looks fine.  The relay that I've removed is the large yellow one (SMK
12V 61.31 1-378-052, 4RA-005-145-00; PA6 GF30).  I don't want to go through
all of the relays one at a time.  If anyone has also had a similar problem and
solution, it would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks,

Daniel Feuer
1988 735i