Where does this screw go? was Sunroof won't open!

Last night I popped the sunroof up and looked in the track.  On the left
side I found a screw (maybe m5 or so, T-20ish torx head) just sitting in the
track.  Apparently when I tried to open it, the sunroof would drop down and
jam on that screw.

Now that the screw is no longer causing an interference problem, the roof
functions fine, but the front left corner is still just a tad lower than the
roof of the car.  I have a feeling this screw would fix that.  How do I
disassemble this thing to find an open screw hole?

Aaron
'87 528e
'82 Scirocco
'70 Beetle