E36 pinging

Sorry if I have repeated somebody's post already, but UK (and Euro) BMs
require 95 RON fuel (not sure of the AKI at the mo).  Oil will not be
leaking through your plug threads, if it were, there would be a squeaking
sound when running the engine.  From my experience, oil will not lower the
octane rating.

Does it occur under low speed heavy load (wide open throttle), cos this is
the worst case for pinging (pinking as we call it).  If not, consider
another cause, such as adjustable tappet wear.

Good luck Aaron, and.......... how many cars do you actually need ?  I have
trouble running one !!!

Nick Pashley