RE: 325is Maintenance results so far

OTOH, is any "older" car cheap to maintain?  I think it still easily beats
the cost of buying a new car.  I have never owned a car newer than '87, and
although I have to replace things, I don't spend a lot of money and I even
use quality parts.  There is no way I could afford to own a new car.  Even
though you are not replacing parts, you have the extra cost of insurance,
expensive plates (at least in Indiana), the initial cost of the car, and
knowledge of the fact that so much of the money you're paying to drive a new
car is just covering the depreciation so some schmuck like me can come along
and buy it from you for a fraction of what you paid if you bought it new.

Incidentally, we have a fairly complete folder of maintenance records that
came with our '87, and it includes the paperwork from the dealer listing the
actual purchase price.  We paid less than 10% of that, and the car is in
very good condition.

Aaron
'87 528e
'82 Scirocco