325is Maintenance results so far

I'm assuming no one keeps a spreadsheet on their BMW maintenance since I
haven't received on spreadsheet yet. Do most BMW owners keep their cars for
less than 3 years and move onto another newer model? So far I've heard views
that 10 yr. old BMWs can be good and maintenance cost is proportionate. Has
anyone had a BMW for 10 yrs and tracked their costs..ie. bushings, struts,
clutch replacement, head gasket jobs....etc?

Any car can be expensive, but I'm curious to find out how expensive
specifically. I had a T-Bird once for 5 yrs. It cost me $600/yr. over 5
years to maintain it to 125k. A friend has a Datsun 280zx for 10 yrs. and it
cost him $150/year to drive it to 230k. Another friend had an Alfa for
10yrs. and it cost him $2000/year to drive it. This all excludes gas and oil
changes. Where do BMWs stand?

- -Danny