1998 BMW M3 Brake Pad Indicator Light

>I just replaced the pads on my 98 M3, but the indicator light in the dash is
>still on.  How do I reset this light?

You need to replace the pad wear sensor(s).

>I've been told that older cars had wires that run through the pads to trigger
>the indicator light, but mine doesn't seem to work that way.

Yes they do, actually. There's a sensor on the front-left and the
right-rear, IIRC. The sensor slides into a notch in the in-board pad. You
can get new sensors from the dealer.

Hope that helps,
Jim Bassett
1998 M3/4 - with pad wear sensors tied out of the way (track pads go on &
off so often I don't need no stinkin' sensors :-))