Re: euro intake performance

My e36 with kn cone and bav auto chip is definitely faster... it feels like
at least 20 hp... maybe the chip is not programmed correctly... before the
cone filer and after replacing the chip, i shaved a sec of 0-60... then
again, we don't know how you maintain your car... you have to use premium
gas only (93+).. i add octane booster every two tank full and i use Mobil
one synthetic.... i love that growl it intimidates those Mitsubishis and
rice rockets and of course type s's.... next on my list headers and free
flow exhaust....
BTW anyone know if i can remove the catalytic (spelling?) converter safely
and should i worry about oxygen sensor issues.... (no more emission testing
in Miami :-)
happy motoring....
Nicolas Roman
Senior Engineering Consultant
North Miami Beach, FL.

                    Daniel Chenault
                    <DanielC@trinity.        To:     Paul Frederick <pfrederi@domain.elided>, bmw@domain.elided
                    mensa.net>               cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     Re: euro intake performance
                    owner-bmw@digest.
                    net

                    03/22/2001 09:34
                    AM

I dunno; I installed it on my '98 328is and noticed an improvement,
particularly under WOT. That "growl" is the engine sucking more air. Give
the computer time to adjust for the increased air flow.