E36 battery

So, at 2.5 years my battery dies (sat in the garage for a month and the
alarm drained it all the way down). Refused to hold a charge.

Went to the dealership and asked them to check the charging system. "We
don't have time," they said. "But if you leave it overnight..." That meant
renting a car so, that's out. How much is a battery?

$220 + tax

WHAT?!?!?!

For the past four days I've been searching high and low. I found that the
batteries are made for BMWNA by Douglas Batteries, but Douglas says they
don't sell to individuals. A Douglas distrubutor told me he couldn't get the
battery; only BMW dealerships could buy those.

Talked to BMWNA. That was a waste of time.

After much calling around, found one at a dealership for $145 + tax quite a
drive away.

What a runaround. For a freakin' battery.