<E34> 540iA Bilstein sport shocks and H&R sport spring combo-any problems?

I've recently updated the suspension on my 1995 540iA to the following:

Bilstein sport shocks & struts  (P36-3019 & B46-1486)
H&R sport springs (50413 kit)
RD sway bars
KMAC camber plates

After about 3 months (to give the shocks time to seat and break in the
valves), the car tends to "bottom out" on what I presume are the stop
bumps (feels like a large sharp impact to the chassis) when hitting larger
bumps on the road.  I noticed that the H&R spring kit is the same for the
E34 6-cylinder cars as well as the E34 8-cylinders...and wonder if the
spring rates are not high enough for the 540's additional engine weight.
Anyone else have experience with such a basic suspension combo w/ the
530i, 535i, or 540i E34's and have "bottoming out" problems?

Thanks,
Will