Tuning a Bimmer is more expensive! WHY?

I was searching the web for wide body kits and found out that you can buy a
Erebuni wide body kit for $3000. (E36)
This includes front and rear bumper covers, two front fenders, and two rear
quarter panels.

I then compared with other companies that sell stuff for Porsches.  I found
that GT Racing sells a comparable kit for $1800 for a 911. Same parts as
listed above. In both cases, the rear wing is not included in the price.
GT-Racing even offers rear fender flares instead of rear panels at a lower
prices.

So my question is why someone can build a fiberglass kit and still make
money by selling it at (what I find to be a reasonnable price) when others
sell their kits at almost the double of that price?  If we were talking
about  a kit for a civic I would understand, but it's a 911!

I don't think it's a question of quality, since I hear on the net that
Erebuni kits were not of premium quality.

Also I have a friend who is building an off-road Ford Ranger. He bought
Fabtech fiberglass fenders and quarter panels for $1200CAN ($825USD) for
the four corners !

So, is it a question of image associated with BMWs?  You can afford the
car, you're gonna pay for the parts??
Hope not, since most people tuning cars do it on older cars.

Michel Drainville
91 318ic