Refinishing Wheels

I have a set of BBS RS-211's (three piece) that are sitting in the garage
for the winter while the snow tires reside on my car.  I want to refinish
them, and am looking for any tips/advice/warnings.  Specifically, the
painted part in the center is fine, it is the aluminum outer portion that
needs a little work.  My plan is to get the clear coat off with some paint
stripper, then polish the aluminium and reapply clear coat.  Am I missing
something?  Thanks for any advice.

Mike Barrett
BMW CCA 111632
88 635CSi