On-board diagostics

I've heard some talk in investment circles about this company - Intelligent
Vehicle Systems.  They are about to launch a product called Smartlink.

Smartlink automatically detects over the road operational failure of
automobiles and light trucks, and can provide wireless transmission of the
data while in transit.  More info here:

http://www.ivsdiagnostics.com/Home/home.html

I'm wondering if there are any competitive products.  I know the info on
their website is a little light, but maybe the more mechanically inclined
know of similar systems.

I'd appreciate any reference.

Thanks,

Henry