BMP High Flow Air Intake

Has anyone had any experience with these high flow air intakes.  I'm
thinking of buying the BMP one for my 86' 325e, and then boxing and
insulating it from the rest of the engine compartment.  I'm also wondering
how well these older BMW engines take performance mods.  I have 150K on this
one and it was used so I don't know jow the last owner abused her.  I'm
afraid that if this really works the extra hp may caude me throw a rod or
kill my bearings. At 150K the engine could be well worn despite how well it
runs.

Adam
1986 325e