False Alarm

Hi All,

I purchased a '98 M3 with the BMW security system a few weeks ago.  Within
the last couple of weeks, I have come back to the car to find a stuttered
chirp (I've deactivated the arm/disarm chirp) and a rapidly flashing alarm
indicator light.  I believe this indicates the alarm has gone off.  The
other morning, I heard the alarm go off while it was in the closed garage.

Does anyone know why this might be happening?  I spoke to the service
department at the dealer that originally sold the car (not close to me) and
he said the sensitivity could be adjusted.  Does anyone have experience
getting this covered under the warranty?

Thanks,

Lee