Re: Transmission Case (small, med, large)

Hello to list.

Spent some time online last night, and couldn't find a source for looking up
which ratios of ring and pinion were made for a given case size.  Another way
to look at it is which models had which cases.

Found a reference that suggested:

4 cylinders E21, E30, E36 got small case
6 cylinders E23, E24, E28, E30M3, E36 got the medium case
M5s, M6s, 8 cylinders and 12 cylinders all got the large case.

I need a ring an pinion of 4.11 or so that fits a large case, and I'm not
sure how or where to look for it.  I know the M5/M6 carried 3.91's, but I
really had a 4.11 in mind for the large case.   (not sure where the 5 series
cars ie 525 fit in either)

Alex Lipowich