: E28 Speakers

>>Personally in My 325 I have 2 JL
Audio Stealth IB4 8" woofers that take the place of the rear speaker
boxes(all hidden)....and that's hooked up to a Zapco amp all witht the
factory radio and amplifier<<

I too have Stealthboxes in my '99 M3, and they sound awsome...They're powerd
by the 2 rear channels, bridged, on my Kenwood Excelon 4X75wrms amp, so 175
watts are going to each speaker.  They compliment the mid bass coming from
my front Polk DX5510s.  I drive the whole thing with my Kenwood Excelon head
unit.  These are designed to be free air subs...Those 5 1/4 Cerwin Vegas he
put in the rear deck with no enclosure must sound awful, as he admitted.
Anyway, I bet if you swapped out your head unit, stock amp, and front
speakers, youd improve your system immensely.  The stock amp is weak, and
full of distortion, and the stock head unit is very feature-poor by
contemporary standards, and for the fm signal, particularly, it rolls off
all the treble and bass.
Paul Elliott
'99 Alpine White M3  <25000 mi  Forged M dbl-spokes; Rotex pads; Dinan Stage
II Supercharger; Stygar Short Shift kit and Clutch Stop; Skaggs Pedals;
X-brace; Sound by Kenwood Excelon, Polk, JL Audio