Roundel index anyone? (looking for an article...)

Folks:

I'm getting conflicting information on the BMW newsgroup and from elsewhere
about
the automatic transmissions used in the E36 (I have a '96 328ia sedan) in
relation
to how long it should last with proper care.
I'm also curious to know if the engine (via the OBD chip?) "learns" to
shift based on the driver's habits.

I remember there being a Roundel magazine article index issued on CDROM
sometime ago (maybe
I'm hallucinating). If some kind soul who has such an article index could
search the index for any articles
on the E36 automatic transmission I'd greatly appreciate it.

Cheers,
- -Brendon
http://www.mindspring.com/~brendonm/