Re:M3 blower motor help please

> My 1988 m3 blower will now only blow on high. If I turn the switch to speed 1
> 2 or 3 the fan will not work. I have both spare switches and motors
> available. Does anyone know if my problem is the switch or motor. Please your
> knowledge could save me some time. Best wishes and happy new year to all !!!!
>
> nigel Fox

Nigel,

You have a classic E30 failure, easy to fix though.  Replace the blower resistor pack.
Located behind the firewall cover on the bottom front side of the blower motor.  Slide
it towards you to unplug it.  30 min repair for a beginner.

Phil Cataldi

89 Euro M3 cabrio (old, still working resistor pack)
91 318is (new resistor pack)