E36 Factory Alarm Question

>I was adding coolant to my used 1997 328i which I recently purchased and
>noticed that the alarm siren was just laid in the engine compartment not
>bolted to anything. Can someone please tell me where this siren should be
>bolted to and how to do it? I would appreciate any help.

It bolts to the top radiator support rail - the metal support that runs
across the front of the engine compartment - behind the passenger-side
headlight.

There's usually a bracket attached to the siren which then bolts to the
rail. If the bracket is missing, you'll have to get another. Maybe the
dealer, or a stereo/alarm store would have one.

Hope that helps,
Jim Bassett
1998 M3/4