bad idle/Check Engine light???

My 87' 325is has had a few problems lately. The idle wont hold(up and
down)from about 500rpms to 1500rpms. Ruff start and hesitation or stumbling
before car is fully warm. My check engine light is on and is showing the O2
sensor at falt. I have replaced that with no luck. My next place to look was
goign to be the Mass Air Flow Sensor. I have a cone filter,Jim C. chip, and
exhasut could any of these modifications lead to a problem like this??? Any
help would be appreciated thank you,

Jason