Smells in my 325i

I've noticed the smell of gas inside my car when it sits in the cold and
starts up--the dealer just told me that the Fuel Pressure Regulator was
"moist," but that there wasn't a leak per se, and that it was nothing to
really worry about.  True?  Any effect on performance?  Any chance of
the car exploding with my kids in it...oh and my wife too, I guess?
<grin>

Also, since replacing my radiator which blew up, I've noticed a
persistent, but getting fainter antifreeze smell inside...mostly from
the upper ducts.  Could this just be the microfilter having absorbed the
odor.  Again,  the dealer said there are no leaks.

Not that I don't trust my dealer, but I seem to trust the objectivity
you might offer.

Cordially,

Doug in NJ ('92 325i)