Re: wierd clutch

Bil,
My 535is did that exact thing.  I could not figure out the problem until
I took a flashlight up under the dash and saw a hairline crack in the
bracket from which the clutch pedal pivots.  It was allowing the pedal to
pivot slightly out of its designed swing which caused the pushrod on the
clutch master to bind.  I took the bracket out, welded it, and it was
good as new.  I had no problems with the  hydrolics at all.  You can also
buy the bracket for about $40 I think if you prefer.  I have an aversion
to buying new if I can help it.  Chances are it is hydrolic, but if not,
I hope this helps.

James Boyd

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.