Clutch Weirdness???

> Hello Digesters-

The clutch and pedal on my '85 535i are doing something very odd. When the car is cold (yes,
it goes away after warmup) the clutch pedal wants to stay at, or close to, the floor. I have
to pull the pedal back up with the top of my foot. As an added measure of weirdness, sometimes
when it sticks close to the floor, I become unable to floor the pedal and take it out of gear,
and the car even begins to creep forward (as though the pedal had been released) with the
pedal fully depressed. I then have to put my toes UNDER the pedal, pull it fully out, and THEN
depress it to get the gear released. What is broken here? Anyone?

TIA- Bil
'85 535i (oops! you knew that!)
Jim C. & K&N Cone
///M5 Wheels
Fast, Fun & Cheap (but with annoying clutch quirk)