RE: bmw-digest V9 #1633

> My guess is that I have fallen victim to a bad tank of
> gas, containing some water.  <snip> If water, what
> would be a remedy?  Any other ideas?

Peter, you could add a little of methanol to the gas. It "emulsifies" water.
Carefull: too much will ruin any ruber it comes into contact. I know this
works with my E21 (no EFI here...).

Check if all your injectors are "firing" and check all cylinders for spark.
I knew of an EFI BMW that would miss at midrange because of faulty ingnition
wires. Worth a check.

Beying a little (o.k. _very_) pessimist, did you check your oil? For water I
mean...

Bye,

Paulo