RE: Cruise control problem

SI323@domain.elided [mailto:SI323@domain.elided] wrote:

> I have a 88' 325i that is acting up. The CC does not hold
> the car at a steady speed, it seems to hunt around and
> then accelerate rapidly. Anyone had this problem?

Mike,
Chances are the CC harness connection to the Big Green Plug (BGP) that
attaches to the Instrument Cluster (IC) is getting loose.
Remove the IC, pull out with the steering wheel at 10 o'clock position and
see if there is any play between the BGP and the IC. You can try bending the
pins in the BGP that hold it to the IC, but on the third try I super-glued
it to the IC and haven't had a problem since.

good luck,
alex f