Re: bmw-digest V9 #1621

> Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 14:19:01 +0200
> From: "Mark Weaver" <mark@domain.elided>
> Subject: need advice for 325ix purchase
>
> Hi all,
>
> I just recently rejoined the BMW Digest. Alas, I sold my E30 318 (it now
> lives in Bulgaria) and bought a Mini Cooper... It's still a BMW though! I
> might also mention that I am in Switzerland...
>
> Anywho, I am now looking to purchase an E30 325ix Break (break means
> touring/wagon over here) as the snow will be quickly upon us and I am often
> in the Alps / Jura mountains
>
> Can anyone help me as to what to watch out for? Body rust? mechanical
> problems etc? My 318 rusted on the shocktowers and the wheel arches, does
> the 325ix have the same problems? Any problems with the diff on the ix?
>
> Any advice and words of wisdom are welcome...

Mark,

good start:

http://home.earthlink.net/~hainesinutah/iX/

the loewr control arms fail at about 160,000 km - expensive to fix.
ABS - very special abs program for a 4x4. make sure it works.

good luck!

Miro Stromar,
1988 325iX
http://www.cadvision.com/crestest/wolfgang.htm

23 Halbrook Dr.S.W.
Calgary Alberta,
Canada T2V-3H5

   ______|     http://www.cadvision.com/crestest/main.htm
 o/______\o    e-mail: crestest@domain.elided
 (Oo=00=oO)    Faxphone: 403.253.5695  Cellular: 403.607.8845
 []=****=[]    Office:   403.266.4141  Fax:      403.266.4259