muffler Tips

    Hey Everyone, I was given an 86 735i for my 16th birthday about a year
ago (and i am thoroughly in love with it), but it wont pass inspection this
month because of two small holes in the muffler and well, pretty much rusted
pipes from the cat converter back.  I need a new muffler.  Here's the
question, should i go for the $385 bmw muffler (uninstalled) or the el cheapo
($185 muffler, installed)?  the bmw muffler has two tailpipes, while the
cheap one only has one.  My parents want to go the cheap way and get the
single pipe one, which i dont want to get.  I was also wondering if putting
on the cheap one would have any effect on the engine and its performance.
Keep in mind this car does have 185,000 miles on it, but i am planning to
keep it running for as long as possible.
                                                Any suggestions welcome,
                                                            Kevin, VA.