533i Starter

I was recently quoted $390 to replace the starter on my 533i so I decided to do it myself.

I have bought a replacement and tried three times to remove the old one but can't get the nuts to loosen.  Does anyone have any handy hints about this, or can anyone recommend a mechanic in the Northern VA area that could do this supposedly simple job (using my replacement unit) ?  I suspect a 4 post lift is required to really get the leverage.

Cheers - Damian Horner.

FREE Web based email, Online shopping and chat from http://www.Glenavy.com
Did you go into Glenavy today ?