Re: repl :1990 525i stalls after battery change

On Thu, 5 Oct 2000, Eugene Hoe wrote:

> Is your idling very eratic after changing the battery?. When u
> disconnect the battery, the ECU 'forgets' it optimal settings like
> idling, etc. So what u need to do is start the car up and let it
> idle for at least 2 - 3 hours. The ECU will then learn back the
> optimal settings and idle smoothly again.

Holy moly, idle for 2-3 hours?!?  My E30 325 has the same brain I
think, and after battery disconnection, it only takes about 10 miles
of normal stop & go driving to adjust it back to normal.  I'm no
motronic expert, but it would seem that hours is too long, and that
something else might be amiss...

> From: Stowe Spivey <spiveyspivey@domain.elided>
>
> I changed my battery and now it stalls out at every stop light for
> several days now.  Any ideas are MUCH appreciated.

- --
  John Bolhuis  | "After 5:00 PM,
 bolhuijo       |   Slip brains through slot in door."
  @domain.elided |