Re: BMW service in Austin, TX

It's no secret that since John Robert's BMW is the only dealer in Austin, service takes a long time.  It almost isn't worth warranty service when you have to be without your car for a week to have it repaired.

Terry Sayther Automotive is a fairly respected BMW-only shop in Austin.  They're very busy and may not be taking new clients, though.

I've also used Balcones European Motors in north Austin.  They're not so busy and do acceptable work from what I've seen, but they're not much less expensive than the dealer.

Unfortunately, I've not found a place that does good work at moderate prices and is not really busy.  If you happen upon a place like that, do let me know.

dan hermann
'96 M3
'92 325i (for sale)