RE:SNOW Tires for E46

Hello List,  I remember way back last winter when my butt got stuck on a
3inch hill of ice/snow, you all told me to get snow tires.  Well it was the
end of winter so I decided to wait till the beginning of the winter this
year.  I have an E46 sedan and I was wondering what configuration you guy
recommend.  I think I remember some of you saying to go one size smaller
with the tires.   Let me know what you guys prefer and recommend.

Thanks!

Dr. Scott E. Brunengraber
'00 323i  sp/prem
Wealth Builders Network