Differential Fluid?

I am getting ready to change my differential fluid and I noticed in the Bentley
it mentions to use the special BMW fluid.  I had purchased Synthetic Mobile
One fluid.  Is there a difference?  Should I toss the Mobile One and run down to
the dealer?  Any previous experiences welcomed!  Thanks.  (The fluid is going in
a 96 328iS)

Also, I am in the midst of doing an Inspection II and this is the first work I
have done to the car really, just finished the tranny fluid which operates much
smoother now with the synthetics and changed out the microfilter.  Any words of
wisdom for the plugs, fuel filter, differential or first time oil change?  Thanks
again.

[demime 0.97b removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of RichardCoker.vcf]