Re: fan hitting radiator????!!!

Jake writes:

<< Well, I've replaced the fan with the broken blades with a new (used) one.
 The new one is now rubbing against the bottom lip of the radiator.  The old
 radiator was replaced right before I bought it because the fan had worn a
 pattern in the fins and broken the radiator.  I can now see that the old fan
 has had the blades worn down quite a bit from rubbing the old radiator.  Now
 the new fan is doing the same thing.  I've jacked up the engine a bit to
 check the engine mounts which are in very good shape.  What is causing
 this????

    Possibly the new radiator wasn't installed properly, so it sits higher
than it should?

<<Also, where can I find a vin decoder?  My car is a 4-door that is badged a
 325is.  The car seems bigger than I remember a buddy's car being, I'm
 wondering if I don't have a 5 series or something.  Obviously it's not an
 'is' though. >>

    Look at the driver's door jamb.  There should be a plate with the model
ID, among other things.  Maybe the PO did a badge downgrade from a 5- to a
3-Series??  Or maybe you shrank?? :-)

Gary T
88 535is
many past Bimmers