E30 M3 Battery question

I replaced my battery last March with a BMW model from a dealership.
I took it back to the dealer recently because it was dying while the car was
parked.
They found the trunk light was staying lit, draining the battery.
Fixing that helped, but the battery still seems to be draining slowly while
parked. Or has somehow been slightly, but permanently damaged from the times
I had to charge it in the garage.
Before I go searching for more "leaks" I'm wondering about the quality of the
battery I got from the dealership.  The last one they sold me barely lasted
two years.  This doesn't compare favorably with my experience with other
aftermarket batteries.

Opinions?

Bob Rossbach
1991 M3