Re: Lights and Oil

At 10:57 AM 8/23/00 +0100, Robert MacPherson wrote:
>Two questions:
>
>-- One of the headlights on my 318i went out. Checking to see how the bulb
>might be changed, it came back on. Obvious diagnosis: the bulb fitting is
>not so good (it later went back off, then back on whilst on the road).
>Anybody else encounter this problem, and any suggestions for do-it-yourself
>fixing?

I have the same problem with my 89 525i. If I tap on the light it will come
on. I was probably going to hit it with some contact cleaner this weekend.

>-- While I'm here, what's the consensus for oil changes: every 5,000
>miles/10,000 kms, or 7,500 miles/15,000 kms?

Hmm. I thought the norm was every 3,000 miles?

- -ben

ben ruset  :  bruset@domain.elided  :  www.stormrage.net  : icq #3740672

End of bmw-digest V9 #1564