Re: 92 325i 4dr. driver window dosent go down..

Before you start pulling the interior apart to get to the windown motors,
you should probably pull all the power-window switches (on the console)
and test/replace them with known good switches.

When I got my '88 325iC last month, all the windows were having problems
- - and after r/r'ing the switches they all work perfectly. Same story with
a friend's car, so it would seem the switches are more likely to corrode
than the motors are to go bad.

(Incidentally, I bought the first replacement switch for $35 at the local
BMW dealership, but the remaining switches I pulled apart and refurbed
myself...mainly, letting the metal parts soak in a corrosion busting
solution of WD40, a light scrub, and wiping the plastic parts clean, then
reassembling. Pretty easy if you're inclined to try and save a couple
bucks.)

Drew

It appears that on 8/21/00 10:03 PM, BmwTek@domain.elided at BmwTek@domain.elided