M42 engine and more...

Does someone know the weigth of the M42 engine? (with or without alt, ac, ps
etc?)

Is the block aluminum?, Head?

How does the M42 compares to a small six (2.5) as far as weight is concerned?

Does the 3.0 or 3.2 from a M3 the same size as a 2.5? (read: does it fit in a
E30)

Can an electronicaly controlled BMW engine be connected to an aftermarket ECU
like one from Holley or other suppliers. I think they only have the basic
input outputs, I doubt they can control the ICV, Vanos and such.

Thanks
Michel Drainville
91 318ic