<E36> Sulfur Smells from Exhaust

I have an on-going problem with a sulfur smell in my 94 325is that I bought
3 months ago.  If I drive the car in a normal fashion (no hard starts or
full throttle acceleration) then everything is ok.  But if I accelerate hard
for anything longer than 5 seconds a very strong sulfur will enter the
cabin.  It is most noticeable with the windows down and the sunroof is open.
I have checked the exhaust and it is tight in all location.   I realize that
this type of smell may occur sometimes, but not all the time.

I took the car out a drove it real hard (high rpm and full throttle) for
about 15 miles.  Everything got quite hot, but the smell disappeared for
about a week and the started came back.  I have also tried several different
brands of gas like Mobil, Exxon, Texaco.

I have verified that all systems on the engine management system are
working. There were no fault codes stored in the ECU.  Mileage has been
around 22 mpg in town and about 26-27 on the highway.  Hydrocarbon, CO and
CO2 values are well within limits. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Georg
tfam@domain.elided
87 535is aka MOCK 5
94 325is - the smelly one