E30 fail to restart, alternator

Thank you,
its leaning to my alternator.  However I left the glove box open all
night
so I don't know if my Battery is low cause of an intermitten alternator
or
overnight drain.  I checked for voltage to the starter when key is in
the
start position. I got 11 volts hmm...kinda low.  I jump started the car
and measure voltage, 14 volts. When I removed the jumper cables voltage
dropped to 12 volts and then slowly droped to 11volts.

A few months back my alternator was failing and I sourced it to a
failed
voltage regulator. Since I had my bro's spare E28 and they seem to use
the
same alternator, I swapped in his voltage regulator and all was well
till
now.  Should I take both alternators out and get them checked or just
get
a remanufactured "new" one?
RAy